Saturday, August 7

Narcolepsy Haiku

From Savage Chickens


Everyone is familiar with haiku, right? In case you aren't: familiar with this beautiful poetry form: "Japanese haiku have been traditionally composed in 5-7-5 syllables. When poets started writing English haiku in the 1950's, they adopted this 5-7-5 form, thinking it created a similar condition for English-language haiku. This style is what is generally considered "traditional" English haiku." Taken from AhaPoetry.



From Literarious
Last night was... not good. None of us slept well. I had a terrible nightmare last night which was quite unusual for me. I can't even remember the last time I had one. It was really awful... I thought that I was going to describe it but I can't yet. So rather than blog about it, which is what I really want to do, I'll post some of my favorite haiku. I love them. I try to write one a day. Aren't those awesome? That cheered me up already. And here are mine:


N Haiku #1
-------------------------
The Narcoleptic -
misunderstood often, true...
but forever loved.

N Haiku #2
-----------------------
You hallucinate -
your demons alive, breathing
our love will slay them.

2 comments: